Food Allergy Awareness At Our School
Our daughter is a sixth grade student at Roxborough Intermediate who experienced anaphylaxis when she was three years old due to the consumption of possible traces of tree nuts in a small piece of chocolate. There were not any visible nuts in the chocolate and it may have simply been made on the same assembly line that had nuts processed on it previously. That was Zoe’s first reaction to food allergies.
Since that experience became a life changing event, I am proud to be an advocate for students with food allergies and began volunteering with the Roxborough PTIC. My goal is to educate and support our school and community with questions as they relate to food allergy awareness.
Common Food Allergies: